Do you have green, brown, pink, or orange stains in your bathtub, toilet, and sink? Is there calcium build-up around your faucet’s aerators and your tub spouts? Does your water have a chlorine odor or look cloudy? Do you get leaks in your copper water lines? If you said yes to any of these questions you should probably have a free water test performed by Timothy Off!
Water filters are good for removing some solids from your water, but they don’t address your pH level, bacteria, hardness, odor or iron content. Even if your water looks, smells, and tastes fine, it can contain up to 80 different contaminants (many of them undetectable). Below are some of the common symptoms directly associated with your water’s characteristics, along with the treatment we use to remedy them:
Most Prevalent Water Issues
- Hardness (Public & Well Water) – Calcium and mineral build-up at your faucets, tub spouts, and showerheads creating poor flow due to obstruction. Difficulty operating faucets and shutoff valves caused by excessive build-up at the cartridges and valve stems. Cloudy water and white film on drinking glasses. A water softener will remove 100% of the hardness from your water.
- Low pH (Well Water) – Stains in porcelain and fiberglass sinks, bathtubs, and showers. Pinhole leaks in copper tubing, faucet bodies, and shutoff valves. Shortened water heater and appliance lifespans (under eight years). Acceptable pH levels are 7-8. An Acid Neutralizer will bring your pH level to EPA acceptable levels. Chemical Solution Feed Systems treat pH levels below 6.
- Chlorine Odor (Public Water) – This is from all the goodies your supplier adds to make your water safe enough to drink. A system containing Carbon media will remove these odors.
- Rotten Egg Odor (Well Water) – Typically produced by bacteria that can cause your water heater’s anode rod to give off this odor. An Ultraviolet Light Unit can solve this problem in most cases.
- Iron (Public & Well Water) – Stains in porcelain and fiberglass sinks, bathtubs, and showers. Orange tinted cloudy water in drinking glasses. We use Water Softeners and Chemical Solution Feed Systems to remove any iron from your water.
- Poor Taste – A Reverse Osmosis System is the best way to give you the safest odorless, great-tasting drinking water from your kitchen faucet, icemaker or the whole house.
With the proper treatment in place, all these symptoms can be eliminated, leaving you with the best tasting, highest quality water in the neighborhood!
Are You Ready to Upgrade Your Water Treatment Systems?
At Timothy Off, we offer commercial and residential water treatment systems that can filter your water and make it safe for everyone to drink. Our water conditioning installers have been trained and certified in state-of-the-art water treatment technology and equipment. Schedule your free water test today and let the expert plumbers at Timothy Off show you how to improve the water quality in your home.